5 Easy Tips To Stay Active
Fitness and activity come in a variety of forms, in order to get in better shape you don’t need to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on gym memberships or home gym equipment. Here are a few money saving tips on how to get the most out of your routine and time.
- Dust off the bike or rollerblades: Save gas and get in shape at the same time! Who could have thought that? Try getting around using your two feet instead of driving to get the mail or get to work (only if it’s practical).
- Sit on a stability ball while watching tv or at work! Sitting on a stability ball alone increases the amount of calories you burn compared to sitting on a couch, this will also help with core stability.
- Take the stairs: If you work in a building that has an elevator skip it and use the stairs, you’re going to burn a lot more calories this way.
- Buy resistance tubing from the local hardware store: It comes in varying resistances tie a knot on the end for a handle, this way you can do various exercises. Perfect for traveling.
- Check the flea markets & used sporting goods stores for cheaper home gym gear. 90% of the time people will use their treadmill as a coat rack. But to a new gym enthusiast this equipment can be a cost effective solution.
Stay tuned to MensGarage.com for more tips on staying active!