7 Foods That Reduce Your LDL Cholesterol
LDL Cholesterol is the bad type of Cholesterol that can build up in your arteries and cause various types of health problems such as heart attack and stroke. Keeping a balance of good and bad cholesterol in your body is the key to reducing your health risks. There are many new drugs that are prescribed to help lower your cholesterol but we here at Men’s Garage believe in a more natural approach to battling cholesterol. Here are 7 foods that can help reduce your LDL Cholesterol.
1) Red Grape Fruit – In a recent study, researchers have concluded that Red Grapefruit was effective in lowering cholesterol levels.
2) Pecans – Just 1oz each day can reduce your LDL levels by 13 percent.
3) Pistachios – 3 oz daily can reduce levels by 12 percent.
4) Macadamia Nuts – 1.5 oz reduces LDL Cholesterol levels by 9 percent daily.
5) Peanuts – 1 oz reduces levels by 6 percent.
6) Pinto Beans – Just half cup daily can reduce your LDL levels by 7 percent.
7) Walnuts and Almonds – 7 percent reduction in LDL levels with 1 oz daily.
These are just some of the many foods that can help balance your LDL Cholesterol levels. Stay tuned to Men’s Garage for more information on Cholesterol and the natural ways to get it in check.