Foods That Help Show Off Your Abs
For getting the best abs possible you need to do 3 things:
1. Hit the gym and start working on your abs exercises.
2. Get to the track and do enough cardio to start losing some body fat.
3. Pull it all together by having a great healthy eating lifestyle. This is what we will be focusing on today, the best foods for getting your abs to show.
Eat these foods to cut away fat and start showing off those sexy abs.
- Green Vegetables – Eating spinach, broccoli, asparagus, string beans, and green peppers will give your body a huge edge in the vitamin and mineral department along with getting lots of fibre and foliate which can help protect you against cancer and heart disease. If you have a tough time getting veggie’s down look for alternatives such as delicious fruit/vegetable drinks where you taste mostly fruit, or try a vegetable supplement to make sure your getting all the nutrients your body needs.
- Almonds – These delicious nuts are great for suppressing your appetite and delivering you some powerful nutrients. Eating a few handfuls of Almonds can really make a difference in your daily diet and overall results in getting abs. Not only are they full of protein to build muscle, they play a key role in keeping your cholesterol down and stable. Other healthy nuts to keep in mind are: Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, pecans and peanuts.
- Eggs – They are the best natural protein you can get (even better than milk and beef), but you need to eat them in moderation because 2 eggs will put you over your daily value of cholesterol. You can adjust this by removing some of the yolk from one of the eggs or even better use “eggbeaters” which are cholesterol and fat free. Following a smart workout routine and doing daily physical activity greatly reduces cholesterol from becoming a factor in your life. Eggs also contain vitamin B12 which is great for breaking down fat. Plus they are very easy and fast to prepare – check out my cowboy omelette.
- Lean Meats – This includes fish, turkey, beef and chicken. All these meats offer high values of protein as well as they have there own little bonus. With beef you get – natural creatine, zinc and iron. Fish – Omega 3 fatty acids. Chicken – Vitamin B12, potassium and vitamin B6. Some meats such as beef do contain saturated fats so when you are shopping look for lean or extra lean and make sure you are draining the fat as you cook it. Also try to stay away from high fatty meats like sausage, bacon and fatty steaks.
- Berries – They not only taste great but they keep you full longer and help fight off disease (They were one of my top picks for foods that can prevent cancer). There are no losers or posers when eating berries, but some are higher on the anti-oxidant chain. Blueberries and raspberries ranked the highest and can help increase the way your entire body functions. They can help increase your balance, eye sight and short term memory along with mixing like a dream into protein shakes. Depending on the time of year berries can become very pricey, but you only need a small dose each day to make that difference, so don’t cheap out!
So next time you are about to go on a food run, remember these foods before you leave and try to pick up as many as possible and work them into your weekly diet, Your body will thank you and you.