The Healthy Living Blog – Cowboy Omelet Recipe
Ahh breakfast… is there anything better? Here is the first of many free recipes that will be posted on the healthy living blog. If you have any easy to make meals and recipes please email me at email@example.com and you will be entered to win a $200.00 gift certificate to Denny’s. Pretty incredible I know haha. Enjoy the Cowboy Omelet
You will need the following ingredients:
2 eggs, 1/2 cup re-fried beans, 1/4 cup salsa, 2 tablespoons of water, 3 tablespoons of marble cheese (any cheese works, my fave is marble). If you want extra protein then add another 1/2 cup of egg whites.
- Put your frying pan on medium heat and put a little vegetable oil in the pan so the eggs wont stick.
- Mix the beans and salsa together in a bowl and throw in the microwave for 25 seconds.
- Scramble the eggs in another bowl and add the two teaspoons of water, then place the eggs into the frying pan.
- Once the eggs are starting to cook pour the salsa and beans on one half of the eggs, sprinkle on cheese and then wait until you think you can flip the other half of the egg omelet over the beans and salsa.
- After the first flip you may want to do a few more of the entire omelet so it is not runny at all.
- Toast two pieces of multi-grain bread and then place cowboy omelet on top and serve with juice.
- Eat and enjoy!
You can be creative with this omelet or leave the way it is, I sometimes like adding spinach or mushrooms. But its super easy to make and tastes great (oh and its healthy).
And yes that is an actual picture of the Omelet I made : )