How to Cure a Hangover
Image Credit: ~Big Garlic Bullet~
It happens to the best of us after a long night of partying, you don’t think about it when you’re staring down an empty bottle of tequila and we’ve all said it the morning after “ughh I’m never drinking again.” We all know that’s not going to happen and as day 2 rolls around and you’ve got a beer in your hand and 5 empty on the kitchen counter, but the real question is what is the best way to get rid of that nasty hangover. There’s many remedies and myths that have been said to help cure the hangover but here is what I’ve found to be the best solution.
- Get a head start- Before you head off to bed try to get back some of the lost salts and fluids that the alcohol has drained you of. A sports drink works best but a couple glasses of water and some dry food to absorb what ever you may have been drinking that night will do if you can’t get you hands on a gatorade, because really what stores are going to be open a 3am.
- Stay well rested- Keep it to an 8 hour sleep anymore and your risking over sleeping which will further tire you and make it that much harder to get up and get out. Now in the morning it will be best to take it slow and stay in relative darkness while slowing brightening it up giving your eyes and head time to adjust.
- In the morning- Once you wake up and figure out what happened last night, it will be best to start with a cold shower, it will shock your body to wake up in the morning as hard as it will be to get in, it’ll be worth it in a couple hours. Make sure to avoid coffee and other drinks that will further dehydrate you.
- What to eat- A lot of people think that you need some greasy fast food to settle your stomach but really that’s going to cause some major gut rot, you are better off with dry foods like crackers, toast or something that can absorb fluids. People believe Tylenol or aspirin will hep but this is a myth, Tylenol will be to hard to break down as your liver is already recovering from the night before. Aspirin acts as a blood thinner much like alcohol with will add to your hangover which is the last thing you need.
- Get out and exercise- Now i know its going to be tough to drag yourself out into natural light or even get out of bed but getting the blood pumping with some light exercise such as swimming, jogging, or cycling will give you some fresh air and help flush the system by getting the muscles working.
By following these steps you should be ready for round 2 that night and start all over again. The other way to avoid the hang over is of course to drink less or not at all but what fun is that. Now if you’re man enough to be partying on a work night then all i can say is good luck and amen.
Party safe from Men’s Garage and we’ll see you out there.