The Top 5 Pre-Workout Supplements
Over the past couple of years some new pre-workout supplements have hit the store shelves with some serious impact on the industry.
I’ve been working in a supplement shop the past couple of years and have tried at least 8-10 different pre-workout supplement products over that time span, my opinion on the whole category of products is that I found the first one I ever tried which was BSN’s N.O. Xplode gave me the best initial results with energy and pump, but with time I found most of them to be pretty similar in ingredients and with results.
If your stuck on a plateau for bench press or squats or any major lift I find these types of products work great. Try not to get caught up in the marketing of these products because every product will claim they are the best. I am a fairly lean guy and Nitric Oxide has always given me some excellent vascular workouts and creatine gave me the best results in the form of monohydrate, a lot of these products give you “proprietary blends” meaning they have a bit of everything… that being said, try to find one that agrees with your system, if you stop feeling the stimulant effect don’t take more because your just wasting your money your still getting the ingredient dosages just not the stimulant boost. EAT MORE!
My rating of the industries leading pre-workout supplements which I’ve tried from best to worst:
- VPX NO Shotgun V3: Tastes much better then it’s predecessor, reduced serving size, excellent pump, slight tingle sensation from beta-alanine.
- BSN NO Xplode: Good focus the first tub you use, good pump, taste is the best among pre-workouts.
- MRI Black Powder: Little Salty tasting, good long lasting energy, great vascularity.
- Muscletech NaNO Vapor: Great tingling sensation, great pump & blood flow, I’ve seen better energy from other products but I didn’t crash afterwards.
- Gaspari Nutrition Superpump 250: Not the greatest tasting, best pump during & after training, caused some serious stomach cramps & diarrhea during training for a good amount of workouts, something I could work past though.