NFL Playoff Picture
Coming into week 16 the NFL playoff picture keeps getting tighter and tighter, with 8 teams 9-5 fighting for a spot, it’s truly going to come down to the last game.
The NFC Playoff Race
In the NFC we’ve got the G-men and Arizona who’ve clinched a playoff birth, here are the top teams to watch in the NFC to make a run at the playoffs.
- Carolina- At 11-3 they’re pretty much in, unless something ridiculous happens in the next 2 weeks. The Panthers are looking to take out the Giants on sunday for the #1 spot in the NFC for home field advantage though out the playoffs.
- The Viks- One of the team at 9-5, Minnesota is atop their division. They’re looking a little better then the other 3 teams in the NFC at 9-5 who have to fight for the wild card. Look for The Viks to have 2 very tough games coming up, they take on ATL this week and The Jets in week 17 who are both 9-5 and fighting for their playoff lives. It should be interesting as the division rivals, the Bears are right behind them at 8-6.
- Dallas- My boys are looking good coming off a big win against the Giants last week. Now they have Baltimore who have been struggling and need a big win if they’re going to clinch a spot in the tight AFC. In week 17 they will have an alway tough game against the Eagles. The Eagle are playing a bit of catch up since the unusual tie vs. the Bengalis. For the Boys its simple, win and your in.
- Tampa- With 2 pretty easy games coming against teams who have been eliminated from the playoffs already, look for The Bucs to win out against Oakland and San Diego. Division rivals Atlanta are looking worse, and their hopes are getting slim as they need Tampa to lose at least one. Then Atlanta needs to win both games against Minnesota (in Minni, and everyone know the Falcons can’t win on the road). Then they have St. Louis at home which should be an easy win. But it may be too little too late.
The AFC Playoff Race
So far in the AFC picture we’ve got the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tennessee Titan who hold the number 1 and 2 spots in the playoff run. Look for Tennessee to be upset in their first playoff game, as they’re coming off the easiest schedule in the NFL and are extremely over rated. Here are my top 4 teams to make it in from the AFC.
- The Colts- Coming off 7 straight wins, Indianapolis is back and with some bang. Putting a scare into every team in the NFL, I’m liking the Colts to go deep into the playoffs. At 10-4 they would need a lot of bad breaks not to make it in, which i can’t see happening.
- The Mess in The East- So we’ve got The Jets, Pats, and Fins, all at 9-5, I’m going to say both the Jets and Pats will make it in with records of 11-5. The Jets will have to take out Seattle which should happen easily, then a monster of a game in week 17 against Miami. Now Miami has KC this week so we should have The Jets and Fins at 10-5 and the winner of week 17 moves on. On the other side the Pats have Arizona and Buffalo which they should both win. But this is the NFL so anything can happen.
- Denver- Picking if Denver will win or lose in any giving game is as likely as picking the right lotto numbers. With losses to Jax and KC, but then beating Atlanta in the Georgia Dome, and the Jets in the Meadowlands, which no one else seems to be able to do, the Broncos could make a Super-bowl run if they get all their wheels turning. At 8-6 they will make it in on the fact they’re in one of the worst divisions in football.
So thats my playoff picture but there are still so many other possibilities with some good teams on the edge such as Baltimore, Miami, Philli, Da Bears, and The Falcons who just needed one more win and things would be different, but with a little luck and a couple upsets which seem to be on a weekly basis this year might just make it in. So watch tight as the season comes to an end look for some great games.